Lithium-ion batteries are our choice after more than five years of evaluation and testing.
They are able to provide and absorb energy within milliseconds at any state-of-charge for any depth-of-discharge without a resting period.
Moreover, lithium-ion batteries provide safe and reliable operation at very competitive costs.
- Very high cycle durability and micro-cycling capability
- Depth of discharge of up to 95%
- High energy and power density
- Compact design
- Comprehensive passive and active safety features
- Standard HVAC system requirements for operations
- Simple setup and low maintenance (no trickle charging, no fluids, no moving parts, no exchange of wearables or consumables during lifetime)
- No noise and no emissions
- Industry leading product and performance guarantees from the manufacturers
We offer the integration of Aquion’s AHI batteries which provide high performance, safe, sustainable,
and cost-effective energy storage for long-duration stationary applications. The technology is preferred
for applications with high capacity requirements such as in mini-grids with high renewable shares.
- Environmentally friendly with no hazardous materials (no corrosive acids or noxious fumes)
- Composed of a saltwater electrolyte, manganese oxide cathode, carbon composite anode, and synthetic cotton separator.
- Very high durability and cycle life
- Robust design and abuse tolerant (depth of discharge of up to 100%)
- Low maintenance requirements
- No air-conditioning and no thermal management required
- Cradle to cradle certified